Who was Diane Miller? Pregnant mother died Hit by a Brick, Aged 30, Husband, Family

The pregnant mother Diane Miller, was hit by a concrete block after a “senseless” attack in south Perth and has passed in hospital along with her unborn child.

Diane Miller had been in critical condition at the intensive care at Royal Perth Hospital after suffering a heart attack when the block was thrown through the open window of her car in the Waterford shopping centre in Karawara on Tuesday night. The 30-year-old Noongar woman was five months pregnant and also had an eight-month-old son.

She passed away overnight after her life support was turned off. Her family had been told the baby would not survive if she died.

“We just lost our world … the baby passed away too.”

Her brother Malcolm Clifton has told NITV News outside the hospital after her ultimate death.

The 17-year-old boy who had thrown the concrete block faced Perth Children’s Court on Wednesday charged with grievous body harm and breach of bail. He was remanded in custody and is due to return to court on December 9 2022.

Diane Miller Family

But those charges could be upgraded after West Australian Police homicide detectives took carriage of the investigation. Police allege there was an argument involving a group of teenagers and Miller’s partner, who was driving the car.

The parties are not believed to have been known to each other. “This is, quite simply, senseless violence by a bunch of teenagers,” Inspector Brett Baddock told reporters. “From what we can gather, it’s unprovoked. I think they’ve gone out looking for trouble and they’ve found it.” Members of the public tried to resuscitate Miller before an ambulance arrived.

This Article Contents

What Happened Actually on Diane Miller Death?

Diane Miller, 30,  died in hospital in the early hours of Friday morning after the violent attack at Tuesday evening. The family has also given ABC permission to use a photo of Ms Miller. Police said that she was sitting in her car in the Waterford Shopping Centre in Karawara, south of Perth, when the lump of concrete was thrown through the open passenger window,  hitting her head and causing her to go into cardiac arrest. Passers-by spent 20 minutes trying to help Ms Miller in the car park, before.

Also Read: Texas Women, Taylor Rene Parker, found guilty of killing a pregnant Woman

St John Ambulance has also taken her to Royal Perth Hospital. About 25 family members gathered outside the shopping centre on Friday afternoon.

Ms Miller’s partner, Philip Edmonds, said he was still in shock. “I’m still struggling,” he has also said in the statement. “We’re too sore to do anything at the moment.” He described the loss of his partner as devastating.

A Teenager has also been Charged

A 17-year-old boy has been charged with grievous physical harm in relation to the incident. He has also made a brief appearance at Perth Children’s Court this week before being remanded at custody until his next appearance on December 9.

Police said that the boy was one of about 15 young people who had gone to the shopping centre “looking for trouble”. The Major Crime detectives were seen near Waterford Plaza at Thursday, as the Homicide Squad took carriage of the investigation.