Brit Lady pushed Pegram Reece, 22, to death from a 100ft hotel balcony

Brit Lady pushed Pegram Reece, 22, to death from a 100ft hotel balcony

Victim Pegram Reece, 22, was killed instantaneously as he plummeted into a concrete yard from the Turkish five-star hotel where he was staying with Mary Meyers Kayley on March 12.

HOTEL HORROR ‘Jealous’ Brit lady ‘pushed boyfriend to his death off 100ft hotel balcony after finding he’d cheated on her’

Kayley was arrested on the allegation of “intentional killing” and appeared in court in Manavgat, where she is facing a life sentence. Investigators suspect Kayley pushed Reece to his death during a drunken dispute in their bloodstained hotel room, in Side, Antalya, the court heard on Tuesday.

Examiners found blood on the double bed’s linens, a pillow, on the walls, and in front of the balcony door. Hotel staff stated they watched the pair drinking heavily in the hours preceding Reece’s death. Reece was refused an alcoholic drink at 8 pm because he was intoxicated, hotel staff alleged.

Staff had to remove Kayley, 31, back to the hotel at 10 pm because she was so inebriated, they alleged. She stated Pegram Reece was not in the room at that period. After the finding of Reece’s body, officers said they had found shattered drink cups and other evidence of blood which led them to suspect there had been an attempt at cleaning the room. Officers found Kayley half-n*ked in the hotel room before putting her into arrest, the court heard.

The young woman is facing 24 years in prison for intentional killing – the minimum non-parole time for the offense. The Scot-born woman said to police the blood spots originated from her cutting her thumb in the shower, while the bloody sheets were from a s*xual encounter.

Kayley acknowledged to authorities that she had battled with her boyfriend after learning that he had cheated on her with an ex-girlfriend. She also told authorities that less than 24 hours before his death, Reece had threatened to go over the balcony but that she had managed to talk him out of it.

Denied Accused

The accused has denied any involvement in Reece’s death. Kayley the court had battled about drug use in the room, and that the glass broke during that time. She said: “I looked at the balcony since it was on the balcony but it wasn’t there. Later I went to bed but the bleeding on my hand did not cease.

I went down to the lobby, I neglected to wear my shoes because I was inebriated at the time. ” I asked the reception if they had seen Reece, the staff there could not understand me and sent me back to my room. Then I slept, and the police came.

She added: “I learned that Pegram Reece died 12 hours later. I do not accept the accusation against me.” But in court, the suspect revised her version of events, claiming the cut on her hand was caused by shattered glass and that they had argued about drug use instead. Traces of cocaine had been identified in Reece’s body during the post-mortem investigation.

In an unusual legal maneuver, Kayley tried to convince judges to throw out her police testimony alleging that her official interpreter had been unable to comprehend her Scottish accent.

Also Read: Legendary German Striker, Uwe Seeler, dies at 85

But the judge rejected the allegation, citing how she was employing the same interpreter at the hearing. The judge ordered the defendant to undergo a mental health assessment. The court was extended in order to transport Kayley to the Akdeniz University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Forensic Medicine where she would be evaluated. It is unknown when the second hearing will take place.